Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Intersections exhibition January 21 - February 26 2011

Two of my photographs were selected for the Intersections exhibition opening at Zygote Press on January 21, 2011. The exhibition is a collaboration between Zygote and The Lit, pairing images with poetry. I'm intrigued by this idea as text is so important to my work - I'm curious to see what poems will accompany my photographs. I'm also pleased because this is the first time in a few years I have shown any work locally, which is my goal for this new year.

3 comments:

Carol Mikkelson said...

Congratulations Amber. Please post the images with the poems. It sounds like such an interesting idea.

J. M. Golding said...

Congratulations, Amber! I'd love to see the pairings also ... I've been thinking a lot about the role of words with images these days.

Amber J. Anderson said...

Thank you so much! It was interesting to see which poem they paired with the two photos. There was another poem in the exhibition which I thought was a better match. I'm hoping they will give me a copy of the poem once the exhibition ends and then I will post it all to my blog.